Guest Blog Written By: Melissa from The Mutts Kitchen
Hello Chic Mammas,
This is Melissa from The Mutts Kitchen here again. The weather is getting hot out and my favourite thing to do is GRILL. Nothing beats enjoying BBQ with friends and family.
I am sharing with you my favourite skewers to make, shrimp and veggie. So simple and fast to grill and you can prep the night before. These skewers are almost always featured at our home BBQ’s over the years. I hope you enjoy them too.
This week in The Mutts Kitchen we will be focusing on egg dishes. I can not wait to hear the recipe for Ashley’s heavenly custard and other yummy dishes that will be served in The Mutts Kitchen this week.
Shrimp & Veggie Skewer
Shrimp Skewer ~
2 lb shrimp, shell and tail still on
1 1/2 tsp garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt & pepper to taste
Veggie Skewer ~
Veggies of your choice*
Preheat grill to medium heat
1. Mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably over night.
2. Prep your veggies by washing and cutting them into the same size cubes.
3. Marinate the veggies according to Denise’s Balsamic Grilled Veggies recipe.
4. Place the shrimp and veggies on skewers.
5. Grill each side for approximately 4 minutes per side. The shrimp should be pink and no longer translucent. Please note that the veggie skewers take twice as long as it has 4 sides.
*For this recipe I used red, yellow and orange bell peppers, portobello mushrooms and pearl onions.
From our kitchen to yours.